Monday, April 14, 2014

Surprise Inside Cake - Hidden Chevrons



surprise-inside-cake-chevron-deborah-stauch
I started working on this surprise inside twice baked chevron cake ages ago.
After MANY failed attempts, I finally came up with this one. Even though it had possibilities, it still isn't good enough to share. Almost but not quite.

surprise-inside-cake-chevron-deborah-stauch
But compared to even earlier experiments like this one, it's gotten much better. Poor little Charlie Brown chevron cake. : (

surprise-inside-cake-chevron-deborah-stauch
Please don't laugh at this one. It was meant to be a gluten free version.

In any event, I've tried this design at least a dozen different ways now and while I've learned what DOESN'T work, I've also learned what does. So I'm saving the best and tried and true methods for my book. After all, I only want what's best for you.

I hope that you'll still love chevrons by then but even if that's not the case, the methods I'll share with you can be used to put nearly any design you come up with inside a cake.

Patience is a virtue (but not my strength for sure) so please be virtuous and patient with me as I continue messing up my kitchen over and over so that you won't have to.

Confectionately yours,
Deborah



3 comments:

Kellie said...

I love your chevron cakes. Not sure why you don't. I would love to know how it is done.

Unknown said...

When is the book coming out?? I can't wait to find out how to make Chevron cakes!

Deborah Stauch said...

Thanks Kellie and Melissa! There is no date for the book yet but I will be doing some classes this fall.